Thursday, March 24, 2011

A case of a busted o-ring.....

This time the o-ring in the CO2 solenoid valve decided to end its tenure and I ended up losing all my CO2 gases within the night.....

As I recall rightly, I had about 50psi  of gases and by the time I see the sunrise of the next day, all I see is 0psi on the gauge on the solenoid. This really puzzles me and of course as a good planted tank master, I proceeded to refill the gas and upon connecting the solenoid to the canister, all the gas came oozing out.

Had a quick check and found this.





















Thank god I have a replacement and it was promptly replaced.





















I also put in some CO2 tablets as a backup.





















Well, I had the current canister running full 8 months without refill and if this hadn't happen, I might go another 3 months maybe?

No comments: