Saturday, October 9, 2010

Skimmer failed although I cleaned my filters.....

Well, another lesson learnt today.....

Them Eheims 2213s can't run with proper suction when the rubber tubes and check valve are dirty.....

Promptly cleaned them today and my surface skimmer is sucking in waters like mad again.....

Those who know me may have known my intention of getting another skimmer or maybe 2215.....

If you think I'm mad, I'm already mad at getting a couple of 2213 running in my 2 feeter.....

2 comments:

ng yow keong said...

wow, bro...
look like the valve and tube play a important row in your flow rate....
good lesson sharing....

Dori Dori said...

yeah, it's true, but previously I cleaned the blue sponge causing the bio filter to loose it's effectiveness now. water a bit cloudy. have to wait 2 weeks it seemed as i cleaned both filters.